COVID-19 Preparedness Information for Patients
Your health has always been our top priority, and we are taking additional precautions to keep you safe from COVID-19, based on the latest recommendations from the California Dental Association and San Francisco Department of Public Health.
Please read the following information closely, as it contains important instructions that you MUST follow before we will see you for your appointment.
- DO NOT enter our office when you arrive. Instead, call us for further instructions.
- You MUST wear a mask to your appointment. We cannot see you if you arrive without a mask.
- No one with a temperature of 100°F or higher will be allowed to enter.
COVID-19 Mitigation Procedure for Patients
- Patient Questionnaire: You will receive a health screening questionnaire in advance. Please fill it out and return it to us electronically prior to your appointment.
- Arrival Check-in: Do NOT attempt to enter the office when you arrive. Instead, call us at 415-566-3305 and let us know you are here. We will tell you when to come and meet us at the front door for further screening.
- Temperature Check: All patients and team members will have their temperatures checked daily. Anyone with a temperature of 100°F or higher will not be allowed into the building.
- Oral Rinse: All patients will be required to use a hydrogen peroxide-based oral rinse prior to treatment.
- Hand Sanitizer: All patients will be required to sanitize their hands before and after treatment.
Sterilization and Safety Procedures
We have always followed the latest guidelines to ensure that our practice remains safe for all staff and patients. In addition, we have adopted new, COVID-19-specific measures for additional safety.
PPE: We have increased the amount of personal protective equipment worn by staff, including upgraded masks and face shields.
Office-wide HVAC Air Filtration: We have always used HEPA air filters, but we have now also installed office-wide HVAC air filtration with built-in UV sterilization. This kills viruses, bacteria, and mold as the air circulates through the office. We have also added additional floor filtration units to increase air exchange rate and reduce any aerosol contaminants as quickly as possible.
UV sterilization: We had added UV sterilization equipment to treat reusable items such as patient glasses and staff gowns.
New Disinfectants: In addition to thoroughly disinfecting all surfaces, as we have always done, we have added new COVID-19-specific disinfectants designed to be sprayed into the air to destroy any airborne virus particles.